Berkeley News is UC Berkeley’s main news and information engine. Stories are posted daily by the team of writers, editors and digital media producers in the Editorial Services and Media Relations sections of the Office of Communications and Public Affairs.
Media Relations staffers also help media get the information they need, connect with campus experts and develop visual and video content.
How to reach us
- Hours — Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Main number — (510) 642-3734
- Media after-hours emergency number — (510) 642-6760. UC Berkeley Police Department will contact a media relations staffer.
- Staff list and contact information
Other resources for journalists:
We also produce:
- The Berkeleyan, a weekly email newsletter
- Berkeley in the News, a digest of media coverage of Berkeley
- The Berkeley Blog, faculty and other expert opinions
- Email news alerts, daily digests of new stories
- Highlights of TV coverage