UC Berkeley graduate schools and programs scored high in the 2023 Best Graduate Schools rankings released today by U.S. News & World Report. The campus is among 800 institutions with graduate schools surveyed annually by the magazine, which also surveys more than 2,100 graduate programs, including programs at UC Berkeley.
Berkeley’s graduate programs in English, history, sociology and psychology each ranked No. 1 in the country.
- Berkeley’s graduate programs in chemistry, chemical engineering, physics, computer science, earth sciences and statistics all came in second nationally.
- The College of Engineering ranked No. 3 nationwide and No. 1 among public institutions.
- The Goldman School of Public Policy was ranked No. 1 in policy analysis and No. 3 in the overall category of public affairs programs.
- Graduate programs in biological sciences, clinical psychology and mathematics came in third.
- Graduate programs in political science and economics each placed fourth, while Berkeley’s master’s program in social work at the School of Social Welfare came in fifth.
- The Haas School of Business was ranked No. 8. Eight of the school’s individual programs ranked in the top 10. The Berkeley Haas part-time MBA program ranked second.
- The School of Public Health ranked eighth in the country and its biostatistics Ph.D. program came in at No. 7.
- Berkeley Law came in it at No. 9 nationally, and its programs in environmental law, intellectual property law and business/corporate law each ranked the best in the country.
- The Graduate School of Education’s programs in school psychology and education policy ranked 8th and 9th respectively.
A complete list of all the top-ranked UC Berkeley programs can be found on the U.S. News & World Report website.